[Winpcap-users] Old WinPcap Question

Rick Anthony Rick.Anthony at wrx-us.com
Thu May 8 21:38:04 GMT 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to debug some old code written around WinPcap 2.2.  I'd
rather not update to a newer version if at all possible.

The problem is that pcap_next() sometimes returns a non-NULL packet
pointer, but the returned packet header length is 0.  Repeated calls to
pcap_next() return the same packet pointer with a header length of 0 and
the timestamp no longer increments.

The capture code runs in its own thread and appears correct.  However, I
do notice that a separate thread is used to call pcap_sendpacket() with
the same pcap descriptor.  Are these calls thread safe?

I appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks,

Rick