[Winpcap-users] When is next WinPcap released?

Gianluca Varenni gianluca.varenni at cacetech.com
Wed Nov 12 20:13:22 GMT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Naoki Toya" <chishiki.toya at gmail.com>
To: <winpcap-users at winpcap.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 4:10 PM
Subject: [Winpcap-users] When is next WinPcap released?

> Hello.
>
> There are some questions about the release of next WinPcap.
>
> 1. When about the next stability version WinPcap(4.1.0 or 4.2.0?)
>   release?

I hope to release the next stable version of WinPcap (4.1) some time in
january, maybe earlier, by the end of the year.

> 2. Is the x64 build version of wpcap.dll and Packet.dll made?

The new release of WinPcap will have x64 versions of all the DLLs. At the
moment there's already a test version of x64 DLLs at this page:

http://www.winpcap.org/install/x64.htm

> I want to use WinPcap on WindowsServer2008 x64 Edition.
> And, I want to use it with the tool made by the x64 build.
>
> Now, I can install SYS of the x64 build with the installer.
> However, DLL seems to be able to install only the x86 build.

True, both WinPcap 4.0.2 and 4.1beta4 install x64 drivers, but only the x86
version of the DLLs.

My plan is to release a new beta version of WinPcap (hopefully the last
beta) in less than a month, including
- the x64 DLLs
- integration with libpcap 1.0, that was released a couple of weeks ago.

and then release the final version (4.1) in january.