[Winpcap-users] Using Winpcap

Subrahmanyam (Arun) arunperi at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 16:09:51 GMT 2008

Thank you very much for the response.

I am using Packet32.c file(which is part of Packet9x DLL). In that file the
execution flow comes to function "PacketGetAdapterNames" where it checks for
certain registry entries,

Status=RegOpenKeyEx(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE,"SYSTEM\\CurrentControlSet\\Services\\class\\net",0,KEY_READ,&Key);

here it fails, I've no such entries in my registry either.

However I found another version of the same file which looks for:

Status = RegOpenKeyEx(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE,

TEXT("SYSTEM\\ControlSet001\\Control\\Class\\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}"),
                                                   0, KEY_READ, &AdapKey);

but as the execution flow comes down to other functions RegEnumKey fails and
it too returns FALSE,

I guess I'm missing something crucial,
Thanks,
Subbu.