[Winpcap-users] Building packet.dll using Visual C++ 2005 Express

Bhairav stan2k08 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 00:19:56 GMT 2008

Hello All,
I am trying to build Packet.dll according to the directions from the page
http://www.winpcap.org/docs/docs_40_2/html/group__compilation.html under the
packet.dll section.

As I was unable to get Visual C++ 6.0, I tried using Visual C++ 2005
Express.  According to the directions, I went to the Project folder under
the winpcap\packetNtx\Dll folder to load the project.

Before I dwell into all the issues I am running into while trying to build
this, I was first wondering if I should be able to use 2005 Express and
build a working dll of the packet project.  Has anyone tried this before?

Appreciate any responses.

Thanks,
Bhairav