[Winpcap-users] Problem with SharpPCap

Bharath kumar bharath at lucidindia.com
Thu Feb 26 20:14:06 PST 2009

Hello Everybody,

             This is Bharath. I had a problem in retrieving udp packets using SharpPCap. Actaully the incoming packet size is 1636 bytes, but after retrieving the packet using SharpPCap, i got only 1472 bytes only. It seems this is the maximum size that SharpCap is able to receive, becuse when i supposed to receive 3236byte packet also, i am receiving only 1472 bytes. But the strange thing which i observed is, the udplength is showing as 3244, and UdpData is only 1472 bytes of size. Here is the code which i used to retrieve the packet. I t will be greatful if someone helps me in this regard.

private void OnPacketArrived(object sender, Tamir.IPLib.Packets.Packet packet)

{

if (packet is UDPPacket)

{

UDPPacket pack = packet as UDPPacket;