[Winpcap-users] Problem with SharpPCap

Guy Harris guy at alum.mit.edu
Fri Feb 27 00:28:34 PST 2009

On Feb 26, 2009, at 8:14 PM, Bharath kumar wrote:

>              This is Bharath. I had a problem in retrieving udp
> packets using SharpPCap. Actaully the incoming packet size is 1636
> bytes, but after retrieving the packet using SharpPCap, i got only
> 1472 bytes only. It seems this is the maximum size that SharpCap is
> able to receive, becuse when i supposed to receive 3236byte packet
> also, i am receiving only 1472 bytes. But the strange thing which i
> observed is, the udplength is showing as 3244, and UdpData is only
> 1472 bytes of size. Here is the code which i used to retrieve the
> packet.

On what type of network (Ethernet, 802.11, etc.) are you capturing
these packets?

Is the UDP packet sent over IPv4 or IPv6?

If it's IPv4, what are the values of the "More Fragments" bit, and the
fragment offset, in the IPv4 header?

If it's IPv6, is there a Fragment Header following the IPv6 header,
and, if so, what are the values of the M bit and the fragment offset
in the Fragment Header?