[Winpcap-users] capture fails on vista

Tom Brown brown at esteem.com
Wed Jan 28 23:14:32 GMT 2009

Gianluca,

This clears things up for me. I did some digging on my machine and found
that the NPF service IS running. I thought it wasn't running because the
service does not show up in:
-the services management console
-the task manager
-the output of 'net start'

I figured out it was running by executing

net start "NetGroup Packet Filter Driver"

which told me it was already running. That's fine. I know what to do
now.

Thanks!
Tom