[Winpcap-users] Windows Vista NPF Driver Issue

admin DVTk dvtkadmin at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 22:59:03 PDT 2009

After installing Winpcap 4.0.2 on Windows Vista our capture application
(DICOM Network Analyzer) is not able to see the Network Interfaces. The
issue seems to be related to the NPF driver not running. But actions to
enable this via net start npf don't work.
If I install Wireshark and during setup choose the option to install and
enable the NPF driver the problem is resolved. Is there an additional step
that needs to be performed to make Winpcap work on Windows Vista in either
the setup or the application using Winpcap?

DVTk Team.