[Winpcap-users] About pcap_sendqueue

Emma Jin jhm121 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 4 12:41:41 PST 2009

Hello,

I am new to pcap. I am trying to use pcap to implement a switch. I have a few questions about the pcap_sendqueue.

Can I create a queue and reuse it again and again? I mean, I want to create a queue, capture packets and put them into the queue until it is full. Then I will send the packets out using pcap_sendqueue_transmit and continue the same process.

Does the queue have to be full before pcap_sendqueue_transmit is called?

One more question about device handle. If I open a device and obtain a device handle, do I need to close the handle somehow? If so, how to close it? If I open the same device twice, what is going to happen?

Thank you very much.

Emma