[Winpcap-users] the ip address of the packets

Gianluca Varenni gianluca.varenni at cacetech.com
Tue Mar 31 13:25:14 PDT 2009

Your gateway is acting as a NAT, and you are capturing the packets from the internet port. The NAT translates the private IP addresses of your LAN to the public one assigned to the public port of the gateway. If you capture the packets on the gateway port that goes to the LAN, you will see the IP address of the end system.