[Winpcap-users] OEM pcap installation problem

Gianluca Varenni gianluca.varenni at cacetech.com
Mon Nov 9 14:51:21 PST 2009

  From: Sagi Shechter
  To: winpcap-users at winpcap.org
  Sent: Monday, November 09, 2009 12:08 PM
  Subject: [Winpcap-users] OEM pcap installation problem

  Hi,
  We are using the OEM pcap with our application, and noticed
  that when the dll (packet.dll) is loaded, a key is added to the registry at : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\
  The PendingFileRenameOperations key is added, with a value of

  \??\C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\WPRO_40_1040woem.tmp

  This in turn leads to some patches/other installers not running properly, because they assume the system has to be rebooted first.

  Thank you,

  Sagi Shechter
  Guardium Inc.