[Winpcap-users] Winpcap-users Digest, Vol 56, Issue 11

Adagio Grazioso adagiograzioso at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 20:15:58 PST 2009

Noam,

I may go about doing it like this -

Create 2 threads - one to alloc and fill up sendqueues (as many as
required to accomodate the 400MB file); the second to transmit the
sendqueues prepared by the first thread, one immediately after the
other. When transmit of a sendqueue is finished, the second thread
signals the first that has finished with a particular sendqueue and
the first thread may destroy it.

This of course assumes that time required to fill up a sendqueue is
less than the time required to transmit it so that the second thread
never has to wait - which may or may not always be the case.

This is the scheme I had in mind when I suggested the
feature/workaround of having a special last pkt of length 0 to
maintain timing across sendqueues.

Please note that I'm a developer "using" WinPcap, not a contributing
WinPcap developer. GV or someone else may have a better solution to
your problem.

Good Luck!

Adagio