[Winpcap-users] Packet reordering

Sam wow at gasmi.net
Mon Nov 23 07:12:01 PST 2009

Hi !

I'm using winpcap to sniff a specific tcp stream from a specific port
source, thus my filter is simple as : "tcp and src port 1234"
I use the function pcap_dispatch() to redirect received packet to my
handler function which parse them .

I  noticed that I receive packets in wrong order (which is logic as
TCP does not guarentee packets arrive in right order).
Before rewriting the whole re-ordering/re-assembly code I was wondering if:

1: Can we ask winpcap to report packets in the right order ?
2: Do you know any lib under windows that does this, as I dislike
reiventing the wheel  ?

Thanks for your advices .

Sam