[Winpcap-users] Packet reordering

Guy Harris guy at alum.mit.edu
Mon Nov 23 12:39:07 PST 2009

On Nov 23, 2009, at 7:12 AM, Sam wrote:

> I  noticed that I receive packets in wrong order (which is logic as
> TCP does not guarentee packets arrive in right order).
> Before rewriting the whole re-ordering/re-assembly code I was
> wondering if:
>
> 1: Can we ask winpcap to report packets in the right order ?

No.  It's intended to deliver them in the order in which they arrive,
and that's what software using libpcap/WinPcap expects.

> 2: Do you know any lib under windows that does this, as I dislike
> reiventing the wheel  ?

I don't know of any library that does that.

However, you might be able to extract code from, for example, tcpflow:

	http://www.circlemud.org/~jelson/software/tcpflow/

and use that.