[Winpcap-users] (attachment) RE: Winpcap in Intanium machine

Fish fish at infidels.org
Sat Oct 10 16:19:28 PDT 2009

[...]
> With that hope in mind I've attached ...

(sigh) Don't you just hate it when you forget to attach the attachment you
said you were going to attach? :)

Sorry about that.  HERE'S the attachment.

** NOTE **

The attached project is configured to also generate annotated assembler
listing files so you can see for yourself how efficient the portability
functions actually are. (Check out the ".cod" listing file in the 'Release'
directory)

You might think doing a 'memcpy' would be inefficient but it's actually not!
The Microsoft compiler (just like I'm sure most other compilers) is smart
enough to realize that a memcpy for a constant length that happens to be a
multiple of the target CPU's integral length can be accomplished very
efficiently by means of just a couple of simple 'mov's.

Here's hoping you find my sample enlightening and hopefully convincing. :)

Respectfully submitted,
"Fish" (David B. Trout) - fish at softdevlabs.com
Fight Spam! Join CAUCE! <http://www.cauce.org/>
7 reasons why HTML email is a bad thing
PGP key fingerprints:
DH/DSS: 9F9B BAB0 BA7F C458 1A89 FE26 48F5 D7F4 C4EE 3E2A
RSA: 6B37 7110 7201 9917 9B0D 99E3 55DB 5D58 FADE 4A52