[Winpcap-users] Statistical mode help

Chris Morgan chmorgan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 16:16:41 PDT 2010

It may be overhead in .net, it may also be the usage of the library.
I'm the current maintainer/author of sharppcap,
http://sharppcap.sf.net.

Pro2c, what kind of a timeout are you setting? If you profile are you
ending up spending a lot of time looping, calling pcap_dispatch()? It
may be that short timeouts are causing excessive polling and the large
number of adapters means a large number of threads spinning.

If you can get some profile data we can look at what might be causing
the slow down. Other testing has shown that sharppcap can handle
megabytes a second of data without dropping any packets and with low
CPU usage but any issues we can fix we will.

Chris