[Winpcap-users] Can't get WinpCap to work on Windows 7

Colin Knight colin.knight at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 13 10:26:05 PDT 2010

Hello there,

I've just upgraded one of my two laptops from XP to Windows 7 (32bit) and I can't get WinpCap 4.1.1 to work at all.

Using laptops I'm limited to a dialup ppp connection and with XP I've never had a problem using either the wan or generic adaptors.

I've been reading the faqs and in particular Q-5 and note that ppp connections are not supported in Windows 7 BUT I have to ask the question can I still use the generic adaptor?

If so can anybody give me an idea why I'm not able to get this option anymore?

Oh and btw I've tried installing WinpCap with administator rights and running it the same way and it hasn't helped at all.

Cheers...Colin