[Winpcap-users] support for cygwin on x64 with vista

Roshni Zawar roshnizawar at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 22:44:44 PDT 2010

Do you know if the current release has support for cygwin on x64 with
vista? I saw following statement in the change log  for Version 4.1
beta5, 08 jan 09
 http://www.winpcap.org/misc/changelog.htm

"The developer's pack includes LIB files for both x86 and x64 (for
Visual Studio). At the moment we don't have the LIB files for Cygwin
under x64."

Is this still a limitation? I noticed following two problems:

1) When I installed
http://www.winpcap.org/install/bin/WinPcap_4_1_2.exe it installs into
"Program Files (x86)" folder-- why is this not detecting that system
is x64?

2) After I install wpdpack as requirement for tcpreplay under cygwin
root dir, I cannot successfully run tcpreplay. It throws an error that
pcap file does not exist. The same sequence of installation
instructions works fine on a 32 bit machine.

Thanks,
Roshni