[Winpcap-users] Trying to build wpcap.dll

Chris Morgan chmorgan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 06:28:42 PST 2010

I had the same issue recently but because a problem didn't reproduce I
didn't have a need to continue debugging it.

I seem to recall that it may be due to an older winsock included
before winsock2 and some defines that cause the proper headers to
appear to already be included. I got the impression that it was
intended to protect backwards compatibility. I can't recall much more
though. It would be great if this issue were fixed though since I may
need to go back to debugging and could really use to have a debug
build. One of the winpcap devs sent me the PDBs but it would have been
easier to build it directly and it would have saved their time.

Chris