[Winpcap-users] Alternative to WinPCap that allows usage for non-Admin us...

CEINJ at aol.com CEINJ at aol.com
Tue Jul 13 05:05:33 PDT 2010

My experience has been that you need admin rights to look at raw IP traffic
 whether you use WinPCapor any other library.  In WinPCap's case I used it
in a terminal server environment and as long as the first person requesting
 service had admin rights all subsequent requests were honored for nonadmin
 usewrs.

As a workaround you could have a small program run at startup from an admin
 account or install a small service program which calls WinPCap.

Langston