[Winpcap-users] spoofed mac address

jklein at rockwellcollins.com jklein at rockwellcollins.com
Mon Jul 19 10:11:09 PDT 2010

I can speak with experience that a lot of switches/routers do not like
spoofed macs.. I'm working with a product right now that a customer used
in a way we didn't expect.. What he did was spoof his source mac as a
flood broadcast so our product flood broadcast responses. Mind you these
are raw ethernet packets, not IP or any other known protocol.  It works
fine in their lab, but I can't find a switch in my lab that allows this..
I had to find a hub to test it.

John

inter inter <intercepter.mail at gmail.com>
Sent by: winpcap-users-bounces at winpcap.org
07/19/2010 06:39 AM
Please respond to
winpcap-users at winpcap.org

winpcap-users <winpcap-users at winpcap.org>
cc

Subject
[Winpcap-users] spoofed mac address

it works well via ethernet swtich. looks problem in wifi driver or card
Winpcap-users mailing list
Winpcap-users at winpcap.org