[Winpcap-users] Regarding sniffing on multiple interfaces.

Guy Harris guy at alum.mit.edu
Sun Jun 20 22:42:02 PDT 2010

On Jun 20, 2010, at 10:29 PM, Mygapula, Sudheer IN BLR SISL wrote:

> I want to sniff packet over all available interface in pc.
>
> The current architecture of my project doesn’t support threading. Is there any way to do it without threading?

Yes, if your PC happens to be running Linux as its operating system; you can capture on the "any" device on Linux.  (PC != Windows, Apple's commercials to that effect nonwithstanding.)

Otherwise, you will have to open each device separately, and use either select() or poll() (NOTE: poll() won't work for pcap captures on any version of Mac OS X prior to 10.6) on UN*X, or WaitForMultipleObjects() on Windows (with WinPcap), to wait for one or more of the pcap_t's to have packets available.

> Is there any asyn callback functionality available to start sniffing at all NIC at one shot?

No.