[Winpcap-users] Direct Dump the packets from the driver

Gianluca Varenni gianluca.varenni at cacetech.com
Tue Jun 22 09:55:15 PDT 2010

1. it's possible, but I'm not sure how trivial it is. If you use functions like ZwCreateFile/WriteFile, they all require an IRQL = PASSIVE_LEVEL, the receive handlers in an NDIS IM driver run at IRQL <= DISPATCH_LEVEL. It's not a matter of dumping in pcap vs any other file format. The issue is the write operation itself.

2. Have you checked if there is any sample in the WDK that writes to file from a driver?