[Winpcap-users] BUG rpcapd - inproper internal structure pcap_tusage

Gianluca Varenni gianluca.varenni at cacetech.com
Tue Jun 22 13:55:44 PDT 2010

Tomas,

I'm working on applying your patches to our codebase. I'm not completely sure about changing bufsize to snaplen. First of all, I think that

- startcapreply->bufsize= htonl(fp->bufsize);
+ //startcapreply->bufsize= htonl(fp->bufsize);
+ startcapreply->bufsize= startcapreq.snaplen;

should actually read

+ startcapreply->bufsize= htonl(startcapreq.snaplen);

Then if bufsize is snaplen, I think that the TCP performance would be affected (it looks like bufsize is used to set SO_RCVBUF of the socket itself).