[Winpcap-users] BUG rpcapd - inproper internal structure pcap_tusage

Tomas Konir Tomas.Konir at liberouter.org
Tue Jun 22 22:09:36 PDT 2010

Hi
Another way would be only include config.h as first include in daemon.c.
I have used the more complicated way because i would like to see
 rpcapd independent of internal libpcap structures.

You are right, that it may affect TCP performance.
If you don't mind about dependency on pcap.
You can only include config.h and drop other changes. in this patch.

MOJE

2010/6/22 Gianluca Varenni <gianluca.varenni at cacetech.com>

>  Tomas,
>
> I'm working on applying your patches to our codebase. I'm not completely
> sure about changing bufsize to snaplen. First of all, I think that
>
> - startcapreply->bufsize= htonl(fp->bufsize);
> + //startcapreply->bufsize= htonl(fp->bufsize);
> + startcapreply->bufsize= startcapreq.snaplen;
> should actually read
>
> + startcapreply->bufsize= htonl(startcapreq.snaplen);
> Then if bufsize is snaplen, I think that the TCP performance would be
> affected (it looks like bufsize is used to set SO_RCVBUF of the socket
> itself).
>
> Have a nice day
> GV

Tomas Konir