[Winpcap-users] Problem with WinPcap capture with Jumbo frames

Gianluca Varenni gianluca.varenni at cacetech.com
Wed Mar 24 08:39:28 PDT 2010

WinPcap does not have a limitation on the maximum packet size. It actually interrogates the underlying miniport driver controlling the network card to know what is the maximum frame size.
Are the jumbo frames transmitted/received by the same PC where WinPcap is capturing? If not, it's entirely possible that your network card either doesn't support jumbo frames (quite strange) or simply by default it doesn't use jumbo frames. What network card are you using?