[Winpcap-users] Mobile broadband (WWAN) devices not recognized in WinPcap on Windows 7

Sochos, Johanna Johanna.Sochos at swissqual.com
Wed Mar 24 01:36:30 PDT 2010

Hi,

I want to use WinPcap on Windows 7 together with a Sierra Wireless
broadband device but it is not recognized as a network adapter. This
seems to be caused by the changes in the mobile broadband stack on
Windows 7 with the new NDIS version 6.20 described here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2CBE0272-030A-4
849-8C80-1149FFEDE1EA&displaylang=en&displaylang=en

Is there anybody already working on this matter or are there plans to do
so? Or do you have some hints for me in which modules adaptations will
be needed? Only in the packet.dll where the adapter list is generated or
also in the NPF module?

Thank you,

Johanna