[Winpcap-users] The capture file appears to be damaged or corrupt. (pcap: Files has 109736-byte packet, bigger than maximum of 65535)

Gianluca Varenni gianluca.varenni at cacetech.com
Mon May 17 12:12:29 PDT 2010

Joe,

as I wrote in my message on the wireshark-users mailing list, dumpcap uses its own code to create the PCAP files, as far as I know. It only uses WinPcap to receive the packets. The only case where you **might** have a similar issue (and it all depends on the code in dumpcap) is if the packet received by pcap_next_ex has a bogus header saying that the captured len is bigger than the original packet len. A simple ASSERT in the dumpcap code would show this.