[Winpcap-users] 4.1.2 Compatibility with mingw-w64 toolchain?

Mark Bednarczyk mark at slytechs.com
Wed Oct 6 07:14:11 PDT 2010

Hi,
    I'm linking my code using mingw-w64 toolchain on Win7 x86_64 system. The
code compiles against the WpdPack 4.1.2, wpcap in lib/x64 directory and
links. Then at runtime all the pcap_* library calls are incorrectly linked
again WinPcap 4.1.2 runtime install and core-dump immediately.

Even this will coredump:

const char *name = pcap_datalink_val_to_name(1);

Has anyone tried using mingw-w64 to link their code with latest x64 pcap?

Here is a little blog I'm keeping on this issue, until its resolved. It has
a stack-trace:
http://jnetpcap.com/node/662

Cheers,
mark...