[Winpcap-users] EXT : WinPCAP Packet ordering

Guy Harris guy at alum.mit.edu
Fri Feb 25 12:27:28 PST 2011

On Feb 25, 2011, at 12:20 PM, Gianluca Varenni wrote:

> Packets will be put in the buffer respecting when the timestamp was generated.

I.e., you will get packets in strict timestamp order from WinPcap?

That does, of course, still not guarantee that packets will be delivered by WinPcap (or libpcap) in the order in which they're received by the network adapter on a multi-core machine (which includes machines with multiple single-core processor chips, of course...).