[Winpcap-users] Performance issues and c# wrappers

Emre Erişgen emreerisgen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 05:29:00 PDT 2011

Thank you so much for your answer. I think I should explain about my problem
a little bit more. I want to listen a network which has an internet
connection around 50mbit/sec. My problem is i have to use C# for this
program and so i need to wrap winpcap to use it. There are some open source
C# wrappers like sharppcap and pcap.net. I wonder if i use these wrappers
can i listen and capture 50mbit/sec without packet loss. Is using a wrapper
will reduce the performance of winpcap? I just need to listen, capture and
save them to a dump file so my wrapper will not be much a big project. Do
writing my own little wrapper help me to reduce performance reduction?