[Winpcap-users] PacketRequest on a Wan-adapter

Gisle Vanem gvanem at broadpark.no
Wed Jul 13 05:31:01 PDT 2011

Hi list.

The PacketRequest() function is obviously not suited for getting
the low-level stuff (such as MTU and MAC-address) from a WAN (PPP/SLIP)
interface. I'm getting the error "PacketRequest not supported on non-NPF/NPFIM
adapters" in the winpcap_debug.txt file.

How can I get such things with another function or API? Device in question
is named "\Device\NPF_GenericDialupAdapter". I can listen on the adapter
just fine. It is the un-encrypted end of my VPN connection.

--gv