[Winpcap-users] Opening 2 listen

Emre Erişgen emreerisgen at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 05:41:21 PDT 2011

I want to explain my question a little bit more.

Is it doable to listen a device with 2 different filters and capture
packets? For example i start listening a device with a filter and dumping
the packets to a pcap file, after 15min can i start another listen on the
same device with different filter and dump the packets to another pcap file
without stopping the old one?

Does pcap_open or pcap_next_ex block the incoming packets? What i mean if a
packet arrives while listening from two different threads one of them will
get the packet and control it for filter can the other thread access the
packet?