[Winpcap-users] Opening 2 listen

Helmut Vaupotitsch hv at itec-audio.com
Tue Jul 19 06:22:27 PDT 2011

Hi,

This is possible if you use separate threads.
Be sure that you leave your capture callback routine as soon as
possible, otherwise you will loose packets. (consider to use queues)
Use Pcap_stats_ex (with a capture driver handle) to detect packet drops.

On a given *single* adapter, i use pcap_open_live twice(for capturing)
and pcap_open twice(with to_ms=1000 and pcap_setmode for statistics
mode). The NPF filters can be set and altered at any time without
influencing the others.

Regards
Helmut