[Winpcap-users] rate limitation

Tue Sep 20 18:33:21 PDT 2011

On Tuesday, September 20, 2011 at 6:27 PM, "Fish" (David B. Trout) wrote:
> MARMONIER Cédric wrote:
>
> [...]
> > But when I connect my PC to a Gigabit  Ethernet switch (D-LINK
> > DGS-1008D), my PC send a 45Mb flow : it isn't the switch which drop
> > packets but the function sendpacket() which run slower (no packets are
> > lost).
> >
> > Do you know why ?
>
> This does not sound like a WinPCap problem.
>
> This sounds like a hardware problem.
>
> Try a different switch.

I agree it is likely a hardware problem.  It may be an incompatibility between the NIC and switch's ability to 'auto detect' the Link Speed and Duplex.  You can try to 'hard set' the Link speed to 1Gb and Duplex to Half and then Duplex to Full and see if this changes your results.

Good Luck.

- Mark Pizzolato