[Winpcap-users] rate limitation

Black, Michael (IS) Michael.Black2 at ngc.com
Fri Sep 23 07:32:21 PDT 2011

Hmmm..Realtek's doc indicates 8168 should support full duplex at 1Gb.

So perhaps your switch doesn't support full duplex at 1Gb.

What switch are you plugged in to?

Options Description
Auto Negotiation        Auto negotiation the supported link speed and duplex mode with connected device. (default)
10Mbps/Half Duplex      Set link speed and duplex mode to 10Mbps/Half Duplex.
10Mbps/Full Duplex      Set link speed and duplex mode to 10Mbps/Full Duplex.
100Mbps/Half Duplex     Set link speed and duplex mode to 100Mbps/Half Duplex.
100Mbps/Full Duplex     Set link speed and duplex mode to 100Mbps/Full Duplex.
1000Mbps/Full Duplex    Set link speed and duplex mode to 1000Mbps/Full Duplex. (*)
[cid:D8FB672-CE92-40944-8707-E83231C502 at MimeCtl]        NOTE: (*) RTL8101E, RTL8102E and RTL8139 series NIC only support 10/100 Mbps.

Michael D. Black

Senior Scientist

NG Information Systems

Advanced Analytics Directorate