[Winpcap-users] WinPcap 4.1.2 Setup Error

Jay Kay gamekid334 at gmail.com
Fri May 18 01:12:06 PDT 2012

Michael,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I downloaded the suite, started the install and ran procmon.exe as you
instructed.  It was going a little slow at first, but soon after clicking
"Filter" it hit a BSoD.  After my system restarted I tried running procmon
again (forgetting to start the installation first though) and it almost
immediately hit the BSoD again.  I then tested it in safe mode out of
curiosity but apparently a necessary driver is missing when in that mode,
but it didn't crash it.

Any other suggestions or reasons why procmon could have crashed the system?
 That is the first time this has happened to it.  It was such a good idea,
too.  I should probably also note that I'm running 64-bit Windows and 2GB
of RAM.

Thanks,
 - Jay