[Winpcap-users] I can not capture my fortiClient interface

Gisle Vanem gvanem at broadpark.no
Wed Apr 3 06:34:53 PDT 2013

"Ulas Yuce" <ulasyuce at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a Windows 7 PC running wireshark. I connect to another network using
> Fortinet FortiClient. FortiClient create a PPP interface and connect me to
> other networks? I need to capture the traffic going through this interface.
>
> I can see the Forticlient interface on the interfaces list but the IP is
> 0.0.0.0 and I do not see any packets flowing on this interface.
>
> Do anybody knows how can I fix this problem and capture FortiClient
> interface?

What does "dumpcap -D" prints?
Or for that matters, what does "windump -D" prints?
(if you have that).

Compare that with what adapters "ipconfig /all" prints.
Check the description of each adapter. It could be that
wpcap.dll is not built for your situation. I.e. I'm not sure it
needs to be built with '-DHAVE_WANPACKET_API' to sniff
the interface in question.

--gv