[Winpcap-users] WinPcap Inclusion of LGPLv2 Pthreads-win32

Grochowalski, Matthew (GE Aviation, US) MatthewS.Grochowalski at ge.com
Tue Nov 13 21:32:18 UTC 2018

Hello,

We've been auditing our open source usage and found that WinPcap contains Pthreads-win32, which is licensed under the LGPLv2:
See 'wpcap\libpcap\rpcapd\win32-pthreads' in the source distribution. Note that this only contains the binary 'pthreadVC.dll', not the actual source code.

The installer also contains pthreadVC.dll.

This doesn't appear to be listed in the license for WinPcap.

Please add it to the license and point to the source code corresponding to pthreadVC.dll included with WinPCAP.

Also, would it be possible to package rcapd separately or use one of the other pthreads libraries to keep the overall package BSD-licensed?

Thanks,
Matt Grochowalski