[Winpcap-users] no upgrade possible without freezes

Guy Harris guy at alum.mit.edu
Wed Oct 11 20:26:00 GMT 2006

On Oct 11, 2006, at 12:34 AM, Alto Speckhardt wrote:

> I read that WinPCap changed the used version of libcap between v3.1/b4
> and /b5. Is this likely to be the problem

No.  The libpcap code is sufficiently high above the kernel-mode code
(which is what's wedging up, if you have *that* much of a freeze) that
it's extremely unlikely to be causing such a problem.

WinPcap 3.1 has been out of beta for quite a while.  The current
release of WinPcap isn't the "next beta", it's the final 3.1 release;
the current beta release of WinPcap is 4.0 beta 1, not 3.1 beta
anything.  Have you tried the final 3.1 release?  If that doesn't
work, have you tried 4.0 beta 1?