[Winpcap-users] PCAP_OPENFLAG_PROMISCUOUS mode

ceo at triplebit.com ceo at triplebit.com
Wed Aug 22 07:55:23 GMT 2007

I have 2 questions which I beleive addresses also many other users-
1. I need to open the card with minimum time waisting on the processing. The
driver should capture only incoming tcp packets. I know how to filter but is
there any significanse regarding the flag like PCAP_OPENFLAG_PROMISCUOUS on
the time consuming during the processing?
2. In my application I want my software to select automatically the lan
card - probably by sniffing itslef and see where is actual data, and than
select it for capture. Is there any reference to that?

Regards

I. Lesher