[Winpcap-users] missing device

Ziara . essence_z at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 14 11:41:24 GMT 2007

Ok, actually I have install winpcap again, and now it's appear all devices in my pc, some weird, but I think it's ok.

And other question... it's possible capturing wlan packets with winpcap? I have research some information, and say that:

"WinPcap is able to see an Ethernet emulation and not the real transiting packets: this means that the 802.11 frames are transformed into fake Ethernet frames before being captured, and that control frames are not received" and... how I can capturing with this method?

and I find this video:
http://www.micro-logix.com/WinPcap/howtonetworkbridge.avi

somebody can you explain to me why did that? and.. bridge IP and wifi IP is the same, like can you see I'm  completely lost.

From: gianluca.varenni at cacetech.comTo: winpcap-users at winpcap.orgSubject: Re: [Winpcap-users] missing deviceDate: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 10:18:21 -0800

Can you provide more details?
What OS are running on?

Please follow the directions to report the bug at

http://www.winpcap.org/bugs.htm