[Winpcap-users] Winpcap problem with Multicast address

Gerhard Wiesinger lists at wiesinger.com
Tue Jan 2 12:04:11 GMT 2007

Hello!

I'm running wireshark 0.99.4 with winpcap 4.0beta3 and I don't see any
multicast packets sent (Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit network card) running
in promiscuous mode or not running in promiscuous mode.

Broadcast address is:
239.255.255.250, MAC is 01:00:5e:7f:xx:xx

On another computer on the same LAN I see the packets without any
problems (from the correct MAC address). So the must be sent out from the
first computer running wireshark, which doesn't see the packets.

Also Windump doesn't see the packets.

Packets are SSDP/UPnP NOTIFY request.

Any ideas?

Thanks.