[Winpcap-users] Using Winpcap

Subrahmanyam (Arun) arunperi at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 21:13:13 GMT 2008

Hi,

I'm sorry for the discrepancy in my earlier mail.

Firstly, I used the developers pack and could detect my network devices.

Then I downloaded the source code of winpcap from
http://www.winpcap.org/devel.htm, i.e Download WinPcap 4.0.2 Source
Code<http://www.winpcap.org/install/bin/WpcapSrc_4_0_2.zip>which is
the latest version. I compiled the code and from these DLL's I'm
unable to detect any of the network devices.

It fails in "PacketGetAdapterNames" which actually looks for a registry
entry. But I'm surpised how the binaries are working, is there any
difference between the installer and the binaries I built.

I have WinPCap installed also.

Thanks,
Subbu.