[Winpcap-users] compiling npf driver and packet library on vista

Jigar Shah jno_u at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 12 12:30:48 PDT 2009

Hi All,

I want my application talk to driver and receive the packets captured  from air. And for the same I need protocol driver to talk pull the packets from the driver and put them to user buffer. I have 4.1 wpcap source.

I have few questions. It would be great if some one can help me with them:

1. Compilation environment for npf (protocol driver) and packet library.
2. Will I have to do any changes in packet library to make it work for my driver to push the packets up the application?
3. Are there any odds that needs to be taken care in Vista? I am new to this part of windows.

Your help is greatly appreciated

Thanks,