[Winpcap-users] pcap_setdirection() support in 4.0.2 and 4.1beta5

Adagio Grazioso adagiograzioso at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 09:51:43 GMT 2009

Hi,

Does 4.0.2 or 4.1beta5 support pcap_setdirection()?

The 4.1beta5 changelog mentions that this WinPcap release is
compatible with libpcap 1.0.0 (which does support
pcap_setdirection()). Also the pcap.h included in the release has
pcap_setdirection(), but the wpcap.lib doesn't seem to include it.

My understanding about pcap_setdirection() support on WinPcap is that
it is not possible to support the functionality on Windows due to NDIS
not supplying that information, but the compilation would be
successful and during run time the API would return an error.

However, with both 4.0.2 and 4.1beta5 my compilation fails - or rather
linking fails with an "undefined symbol" for pcap_setdirection()

Any pointers on what I could be doing wrong?

Regards,
Adagio

PS - Does the NDIS limitation also apply to the latest NDIS 6 included
with Vista?