[Winpcap-users] Debugging a winpcap exception

Abdelrazak Younes younes.abdel at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 00:30:28 PST 2010

Gianluca Varenni wrote:
> The truth is that there are very few people recompiling winpcap (I think
> I've received less than 5 emails in 2009 regarding the winpcap compilation)
> so providing a better documentation on how to compile the WinPcap DLLs is
> very low priority.

Hello Gianluca,

FWIW we've been recompiling Winpcap at our company with MSVC2008Express
since august last year. We didn't use the provided MSVC solutions but
instead used CMake in order to integrate smoothly with our build system.
We are compiling wpcap and packet as static libraries but it should be
easy to switch to dlls. The advantage of CMake is that it will generate
MSVC solution for either 2005, 2008 or 2010 MSVC compilers. My goal is
also to use CMake for the compilation of the driver but up to now we've
been using your batch files and the 2003 SDK.

If you are interested, I can see if I am allowed to contribute this
build system to the WinPcap project.

By the way, are you planning someday to open up the development in SVN
or Git? This is just a question, not a request :-)

Abdel.