[Winpcap-users] Limit on packet sending.

Akif Usman akif.usman at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 26 03:46:36 PST 2011

HI,
I am experiencing a problem while writing a program that accepts packets from one ethernet interface puts them in a queue and sends it back to another interface. I am using threading to do this multitasking. The sending thread is very slow, i dont know why!
While i use threads and i receive at 50 Mbps i get a total forwarding rate of only 5-7 mbps. Then when i just grab one packet and keep on sending it in one thread (just to test the sending thread), it still gives me 5-10 Mbps . Is it a limitation of pcap_send packet?
I am using pcap_loop to receive packets if i want to receive them continuously. But i don;t understand why the sending speed is so low. Please help me i am stuck from quite many days on this.
Best RegardsFika